Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Traveling Sketchbook

About 6 years some friends of mine and myself started a Traveling Sketchbook.  Many of us had moved out of state or had left our home town for colleges around the Midwest and it sucked not being able to hang out and doodle or draw together anymore.  We bought a nice hard bound sketchbook, decorated it, and began circulating it amongst our group of friends.  Each person would use one page to draw, write, collage, or design however they chose.  Each person wrote their name, where they were when they made their drawing, and a small artist statement.  After a short period of time, we began sharing it with other friends, and friends of friends, and it grew it something much larger than I anticipated.  I figured, hey, lets see where this goes.  It ended up going to more than a dozen different states and at least two European countries that I know of.  Sadly, I haven't seen it it about 5 years but my address is written on the inside cover so I'm hoping that one day it makes a miraculous come back.  Since then, we have started another Traveling Sketchbook and I thought I would post of few pictures of my lastets installment.  I hope to have more soon...enjoy!


I didn't want to take up valuable art space with my artist statement so I made a little hidden compartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment